Are you interested in working with Exceptional People, and creating Exceptional Solutions to obtain Extraordinary Results? Aneon Federal, welcomes diversity of thought, intellect, and thinking outside the box. We are a Federal Professional Services and Technology firm that prides ourselves on our ability to create lasting, innovative solutions. We strive to transform the way our customers operate and offer you an opportunity to make a true difference.
General Summary: Aneon Federal Solutions is seeking an Administrative Specialist III to join it’s Team supporting a federal contract. This role will provide high-level administrative support to an executive, director, or department head-level employee, performing a variety of administrative duties and skilled tasks that may include preparing reports, conducting research, and collecting data.
Essential Job Functions:
- As necessary, answer phone lines.
- General clerical/administrative support duties including, but not limited to, signing for packages, distributing mail twice daily, and maintaining staff mailboxes.
- Prepare Microsoft Power Point, Excel, Word, and Publisher documents as needed.
- Perform data entry.
- Act as an LMS Administrator in the HHS Learning Portal.
- Act as a Timekeeper in ITAS.
- Maintain Staff Director’s calendars.
- Schedule meetings or events using platforms such as WebEx, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams
- Provide administrative support in SharePoint and/or similar repository and document management system(s) as needed.
- Proofread documents as needed for correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Photocopying, shredding, scanning documents as needed.
- Greet guests and direct visitors to government offices.
- Mailing of packages through United Parcel Service (UPS) online
- Manage travel for employees
- Education Requirement: Associate’s Degree
- Minimum five (5) years of general experience, of which three (1) year is directly related.
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship or a Green Card holder and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government public trust level security clearance. For a candidate that is a Green Card holder, they must have lived in the United States for at least three out of the past five years prior to your application date. You will also meet the residency qualifications if you lived abroad while on government or military duty or if you were a dependent of a federal employee of military member.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to provide tactful and courteous telephone support and customer service.
- Ability to operate office equipment/machines such as photocopier, shredder, scanner, fax machine
- Knowledge of computer software and programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and required formats sufficient to recognize and correct errors in various types of documents.
- Demonstrates ability/experience to work in high level office setting.
- Ability to manage multiple task-priorities.
- Ability to rapidly and effectively respond to changing IT systems, technologies, and process requirements in the Center.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of, or ability to quickly acquire, clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with all staff and visitors.
- Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
- Work performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and customers.
- Manual dexterity for office machine operation; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or deliveries. Must be able to remain in stationary position for extended periods of time. Stress can be triggered by multiple demands and deadlines.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned in accordance with business demands and/or contractual requirements.
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Silver Spring, MD 20903: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Willing and able to pass a government background investigation. (Criminal and Financial).
- Associate (Required)
- General Administrative: 5 years (Required)
- Administrative Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Write English fluently (Required)
- Work Location: Hybrid remote in Silver Spring, MD 20903