Aneon Federal Solutions is seeking candidates for a part-time, Mid-Level Graphic Designer to support our federal contract, FDA. We are looking for a creative and collaborative graphic design artist to work as part of a team supporting a federal regulatory agency in a friendly and fast-paced environment. You will report to the Project Manager and work with creative specialists and client contacts across graphic design, video, and photography to support the client’s digital communications, including for social media and the web.
The candidate could be hired as a part-time employee or be an independent consultant.
Essential Job Functions:
- The candidate should be resourceful, inventive, and meticulous, with a firm grasp on graphic design best practices and be able to focus on our client’s communication goals above personal ego. We are looking for team players, strategic designers who want to share their knowledge and creativity across primarily digital mediums, including primarily social media and web-ready graphics, motion graphics, animated gifs, PPT presentations, and photography.
- Conceptualize and produce high-quality, creative, visual materials and content for communications/public education campaigns/announcements for use over a variety of online/digital communications platforms and materials.
- Hands on experience with infographics explaining data, statistics, web banner graphics, flyers, and social media imagery in different formats, data visualization elements such as diagrams, charts, graphics, and other appropriate visuals to align with FDA written communications.
- Ability to collaborate with senior designers, social media experts, communications managers, and project leads to develop graphic solutions that simplify complex ideas for diverse audiences
- Help develop conceptual skills, sharing design critique, and providing and receiving constructive feedback on visual, layout and creative ideas.
- Propose innovative ideas based on current design trends.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Design and photography required – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience developing visual content for social media, especially Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr and Pinterest and knowledge of the design requirements and specifications for each platform.
- Knowledge of print production
- Ability to produce digital/web deliverables that include banners and email templates
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to rapidly develop design ideas with solid knowledge of color, layout, aesthetics, balance and typography, with the ability to work towards deadlines and complete tasks on time.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
Desired, but not required:
- Interest in and experience with public health, science and digital transformation.
- Experience with video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects) and production skills, and the ability to incorporate design elements into motion graphics and short videos for web and social media.
- Education Requirement:
- BA/BFA in graphic design or related field and 12 years of experience
- Citizenship / Clearance Requirements: This position requires U.S. Citizenship or a Green Card holder and the ability to obtain and maintain a government public trust level security clearance. For a candidate that is a Green Card holder, they must have lived in the United States for at least three out of the past five years prior to your application date. You will also meet the residency qualifications if you lived abroad while on government or military duty or if you were a dependent of a federal employee of military member.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rockville, MD 20852: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)